RSBuddy Exchange & Orion Client

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

55x2

55x2

Buddy

• Pro
  • LocationCanada,ON

OK.. Where do I start. This is one of the worst idea's added to the Orion client. Items do not sell anymore. You basically took the small as it is 07 community and split it in half, if even that because not everyone uses the Orion client. I suggest you at least add the option to use Zybez as a merching tool because to many people think the Orion client is un-legit despite it being approved by Jagex. Please Take the time to think this through I really did like using the Orion client as my daily merchant tool, With all honesty this was really one of the tools that made me switch from SwiftKit to Orion. I am aso pretty sure alot of your users feel the same way.

Thanks for reading.

55x2

***EDIT*** 

Before posting and saying I am all against this, I am not saying the idea is bad nor that I will never use it. I am simply saying this needs more work and both Zybez and RSE should be available until everything is updated and final with the product.

Edited by 55x2, 25 November 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Harrison

Harrison

RSBuddy Mod

Thanks for telling us how you feel, however there most likely will be no change to how the clients item exchange feature works. When it is ready, the client will use the RSBuddy Exchange. 

p3acefrog

p3acefrog

Great Buddy

• Pro

if zybez is removed i will no longer pay for pro

Stoicism

Stoicism

Great Buddy

• Pro

the RSBE will bring more people into this site, more people will pay for pro the better updates we get. I really don't see why you're complaining I assume you're the type who screams. "OMG GE RUINED IT OMG." Well Zybez is basically a GE but 10x easier to manipulate. 

lky0

lky0

Buddy

how does it even work ? i can't even search for items and no one uses RSBE is it possible to revert to using zybez ?

Jord

Jord

Ultra Buddy

• Developer
  • LocationUK

Can I just make it clear that the current version of Exchange isn't final and I will try and get definitive decisions of what is happening tonight, and hopefully get the last few issues resolved for its proper release.

Please don't take anything you've seen today as final as things can and possibly will change.

Twitter: @Joord

lky0

lky0

Buddy

Can I just make it clear that the current version of Exchange isn't final and I will try and get definitive decisions of what is happening tonight, and hopefully get the last few issues resolved for its proper release.

Please don't take anything you've seen today as final as things can and possibly will change.

ok thanks man appreciate it.

55x2

55x2

Buddy

• Pro
  • LocationCanada,ON

Thanks for telling us how you feel, however there most likely will be no change to how the clients item exchange feature works. When it is ready, the client will use the RSBuddy Exchange. 

This is not the type of news I was hoping to hear. Until RSE is fully up and functioning with the general population, I feel as tho I will have to stop paying for Orion Pro because the quick price look-up was one of if not the only utility I was using as a merchanter.

OT: How do you guys plan to overtake a fully FREE website on if the only way to be able to post from the client is by being a PRO member? I personally think that until your exchange system is fully up and running Zybez should remain. Please tell me your point of view on this. Thanks!

55x2

55x2

Buddy

• Pro
  • LocationCanada,ON

the RSBE will bring more people into this site, more people will pay for pro the better updates we get. I really don't see why you're complaining I assume you're the type who screams. "OMG GE RUINED IT OMG." Well Zybez is basically a GE but 10x easier to manipulate. 

I am not asking them to remove this idea from the site, I am also not saying the idea is bad. All I am saying is the time is not right. And until then I would like to atleast have the option to use Zybez from the client. Thanks for the constructive criticism tho I appreciate your point on view on this. 

GrnDragon

GrnDragon

Great Buddy

• Pro

What I'm wondering is why RSBuddy felt the need to make their own exchange site? How is RSBE going to be different and better? Do they think they can get everyone to switch over?

Barbs

Barbs

Ultra Buddy

• Pro
  • LocationLexington, KY

OT: How do you guys plan to overtake a fully FREE website on if the only way to be able to post from the client is by being a PRO member? I personally think that until your exchange system is fully up and running Zybez should remain. Please tell me your point of view on this. Thanks!

The feature will be free once it goes out of BETA testing as with any other feature of Orion. While pro users get the opportunity to use it first, I imagine that it will become free shortly after its release.

What I'm wondering is why RSBuddy felt the need to make their own exchange site? How is RSBE going to be different and better? Do they think they can get everyone to switch over?

There are a bunch of flaws with the Zybez system, with the most major one being its easily manipulation by simply creating fake offers. Hopefully RSBE will have some moderating system to prevent people from posting false offers, and it will also help with eliminating troll offers since the Orion client tracks your RSN. I think that everyone will switch over once the kinks have been worked out, since I imagine it will be much more effective and efficient than its competition, just like everything else RSBuddy has done in the past.

Want to make a Zerker pure? Check out my fully comprehensive guide here!

Retired on OSRS/RS3

55x2

55x2

Buddy

• Pro
  • LocationCanada,ON

The feature will be free once it goes out of BETA testing as with any other feature of Orion. While pro users get the opportunity to use it first, I imagine that it will become free shortly after its release.

There are a bunch of flaws with the Zybez system, with the most major one being its easily manipulation by simply creating fake offers. Hopefully RSBE will have some moderating system to prevent people from posting false offers, and it will also help with eliminating troll offers since the Orion client tracks your RSN. I think that everyone will switch over once the kinks have been worked out, since I imagine it will be much more effective and efficient than its competition, just like everything else RSBuddy has done in the past.

Yes, I agree barbs but this could be tomorrow like it could be in months. All I am saying is until everything is established properly both should be available for the time being. taking it out right now is like saying "here use our almost done product to merchant" this is how I feel. Simply because this is an everyday tool I use to further myself in Runescape.

Edited by 55x2, 25 November 2013 - 07:48 PM.

Hey_Jacob

Hey_Jacob

Buddy

• Pro

Yes, I agree barbs but this could be tomorrow like it could be in months. All I am saying is until everything is established properly both should be available for the time being. taking it out right now is like saying "here use our almost done product to merchant" this is how I feel. Simply because this is an everyday tool I use to further myself in Runescape.

I'm not entirely sure what your argument is, it's just as easy to pin  the Zybez exchange on your browser if you don't want to use our exchange. Although it may not be finished, you aren't even giving it a chance. Tossing Orion aside because of a change is a huge mistake. We have so much more potential then you give us credit for.

55x2

55x2

Buddy

• Pro
  • LocationCanada,ON

I'm not entirely sure what your argument is, it's just as easy to pin  the Zybez exchange on your browser if you don't want to use our exchange. Although it may not be finished, you aren't even giving it a chance. Tossing Orion aside because of a change is a huge mistake. We have so much more potential then you give us credit for.

Please read above messages, I never said I will not give it a chance. Nor did I ever say the idea was bad.

Jord

Jord

Ultra Buddy

• Developer
  • LocationUK

Hi guys,

I feel as if I should give you a quick update to the current situation as we'd rather be in the clear with you guys.

As of right now, I've fixed the obvious bugs with the client and made it release-ready in its most basic form. However, Matthew is currently integrating the functionality so that Zybez offers are pulled as well as exchange offers. The obvious advantage being that you can post offers to exchange, but not Zybez, however this is all subject to change in the future.

I'm not entirely sure when this update is going to be pushed as Matthew has classes this afternoon he has to attend, but I'm hoping for this evening.

While I've got your attention, I'd appreciate some pre-launch feedback of what you feel about the Exchange system (primarily the website, not the client). What do you like/not like about it?

Twitter: @Joord

Lalabye

Lalabye

Buddy

Logged in just to say I'm cancelling my pro because of you guys taking away my zybez price checker.

GrnDragon

GrnDragon

Great Buddy

• Pro

I think it looks pretty nice. You could probably change how empty the front page is but I think the rest is nice.

Edited by GrnDragon, 25 November 2013 - 08:55 PM.

TheRose

TheRose

Buddy

I don't know how to search items because they don't show up. 

Obscure

Obscure

Ultra Buddy

• Pro

Logged in just to say I'm cancelling my pro because of you guys taking away my zybez price checker.

Zybez is being added in, plus RSBE is going to be better, so yeah.

I think it looks pretty nice. You could probably change how empty the front page is but I think the rest is nice.

Not sure how necessary that front page is, but I agree it could be improved if it is kept.

I don't know how to search items because they don't show up.

Item names are filtered and suggested as you type. Although I have found some items that are not currently included, it does display items. At least it was working when I checked before.

Edited by Obscure, 25 November 2013 - 10:10 PM.

ultimatepro

ultimatepro

Buddy

I think the economy is being manipulated enough. Back in real year 2007, runescape didn't have zybez prices to guide you. And I honestly think it should be removed.. :huh:

"My momma always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes, where they go, where they've been."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users